As an UI/UX designer at PATIO for a full-time 3 month contract with potential for an ongoing role, you will specialize in super cool web and branding. Have a solid grasp of design principles and processes, be detail oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment with adapting roles.
You will take the lead on UX/UI for our digital projects from concept to final product. You are great with clients, and a problem solver with clear communication skills. As part of a small team, you will collaborate closely with clients, project managers, other designers, copy writers and developers throughout projects life cycles.
- 3+ years experience in mobile, web & brand design
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent work experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design etc.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating clear understanding of interaction and brand design principles/processes for web, mobile projects
- You’re a visual thinker, capable of articulating your ideas both through images and words via your excellent presentation skills
- You’re detail oriented and creative with your use of space; typography, colour, and information architecture.
- Excellent time management, resourceful and takes initiative
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills, as well as design prototyping softwares like Invision/Figma/Sketch,
- Familiar with Lean UX or Agile design principles
Working with clients
- Communicate and present work with clients and users alike to understand their challenges, refine and reach business and user goals
- Lead ideation and concept explorations throughout the project lifecycle, facilitating and driving creative solutions, discussions and strategic planning
- Provide oversight to track, manage and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks with the project team, and being hands-on when needed
- Design research, exploration
- Create moodboards, style tiles, articulate design vision for our clients and their users
- Lead design audits and follow through with appropriate information architecture strategies to set the team and project up for success
- Have experience shipping sites with engineering and creative teams
- Review and QA implementation to ensure quality control of all design deliverables
- Responsible for the quality of UX deliverables – including but not limited to: user research, user journeys, site architectures, wireframes, hi/low fidelity clickable prototypes,
- Maintain good file organization, documentation and contributing to the foundations of project design systems
- Packaging branding/design assets for clean and efficient handoff
- Taking initiative in facilitating ideation sessions internally or with clients
- Providing guidance to team members, vendors and internal groups as necessary on visual design execution
- Internal Business Development Support
- Work on sales pitches/mockups & estimates as per your area of expertise
- Some basic frontend development skills (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience working within platforms like Shopify, Wix, WordPress
- Solid understanding of omni channel and e-commerce solutions and platforms (eg, POS, Kiosk, Digital Displays)
- Understanding of analytics and can use data to help you design experiences
- Evangelizing the importance of design thinking and educate teams that are new to design oriented problem-solving and research methods
- Curious and passionate about exploring emerging technologies like AR/VR, Voice, experiential design etc.
- Previous experience doing freelance work
If you’re interested in applying, please check out PATIO Interactive’s website for more about us, then submit your resume to us here. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview, but we will do our best to get back to every qualifying candidate.
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Any links you might want to share
- Anything else you think might be relevant
Please note that due to the volume of applicants, not all applicants will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Bonus Pay
- Commission Pay
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
Remote working and an office with lots of space!
- UX/UI: 3 years (Preferred)